Saturday, November 12, 2011

#71 Redwood Bar on 11-11-11


This was the release of our new album 11, and proved to be an unforgettable evening for all the wrong reasons. Except for Blond Goblin, we hand picked the acts who played with us. Dark Furs were kind enough to open the evening, only this time minus keys for a bit more of a stripped-back sound. New Room had been on our list of people to play with for quite some time, and their music proved to be deeper and darker than I had remembered, but (I felt) fit us perfectly.

Strangely enough, a friend of a friend was having a going away party at the venue, so I kept running into people I knew. They kept saying "Oh, I finally get to see you play!" When we took the stage, one of these friends was beyond drunk and insisted on coming on stage. I did my best to shuffle her away, but time after time she kept returning to dance, bump into things, unplug things accidentally and pull my mic down to talk. My blood was boiling, and this was not getting any better. The rest of the band seemed amused, and I was pleased that they weren't phased, at the very least. The show ended, not a moment too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment